2nd Baptism: Crystal Castles 2 Review

My review of Crystal Castles 2nd album has just gone live on my resident Gay Times blog.

I say review, its more a collection of arthouse thoughts, tenuously contemporary metaphors, references to electro pop culture and abstract impressions. Shit poetry if you will. Still, this is the sort of journalism that is becoming for a band, act, concept, destination like Crystal Castles. For example, of my favourite track Baptism, I wrote: "A proper treading popcorn into your Grandmother’s carpet and screaming ‘What do you want from me BITCH?’ dance floor unifier." See what I mean?

Even The Observer knows traditional reviewing techniques must be assassinated when Crystal Castles come under the quill. Their dude referred to the album as "like being on a strobe-lit ferry in rough seas".

Crystal Castles also star in these archive blog posts on the Jack of Hearts:

1)
The Lion, The Kitsch and The Warhol - my musings on their Madonna plagiary, stolen Chanel logo and general brilliance.

2)
The Halloween Charts - Alice Glass came 5th on my 2008 Halloween Charts, just beating Jade Goody and Greggs the chain bakery by the skin of her fangs.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE NEW BLOG LOOK JACK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant album! will be seeing them live in october i can't wait

    ReplyDelete